What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 am

Hoping there is a lot less coughing in the office than there was Friday.

Anonymous User

Re: What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:38 am

The sneezing is out of control today. I have counted 26 sneezes in the last 5 minutes.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:The sneezing is out of control today. I have counted 26 sneezes in the last 5 minutes.
that must be incredibly taxing on the body. cougher needs a doctor asap.

TooMuchTuna

Silver

Post by TooMuchTuna » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Sneezing that often has to be a great ab workout. I wonder how many calories this person is burning while sneezing? Maybe it offsets the calories in the Cheez-Its?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Sneezing has resumed. There is an office wide group text going on about it right now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Can't make this stuff up.... for lunch the cougher supposedly brought in some leftover Thai food that was really spicy. Somehow, this caused him to go into a coughing and sneezing fit of rage. He has since gone home for the day.

grand inquisitor

Gold

Post by grand inquisitor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm

this might have been covered itt, but this has got to be government, right?

Roy McAvoy

Bronze

Post by Roy McAvoy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:38 pm

grand inquisitor wrote:this might have been covered itt, but this has got to be government, right?

Could be wrong but I don't think so. I believe it was implied a few pages back this is a patent agent or technical advisor (or some other sort of non-attorney expert). On mobile right now though so correct me if I'm wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Not a government employee and not an attorney. Non-attorney expert is the closest description without potentially outing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm

More strange coughing behavior happening today.

Instead of the loud and out of control outbursts, today it is quiet, short, but continual "huff" like coughs like he is trying to hold them in but losing a fight against his diaphragm.

"Huuh, huuuh, huuuh, huuuuh (pause) moof, moof, moof, moof, (pause) huuuuh, huuuh, huuuh, huh, huh, huh, huh."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:12 am

Very heavy and frequent sneezing today. I hope it stops soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 am

The sneezing is now being followed by coughing, loud nose blowing, and loud throat clearing. I've got a feeling it is going to get interesting today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:28 am

An email is being circulated through the office saying that they have already received several complaints from people about the disruptive noise including complaints that some employees in nearby cubicles can hear it even though they have headphones on with music playing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 am

Apparently the cougher was asked to leave the office until he got the sneezing under control. I guess he said he was going to buy a soda, drink it, and that would help subside the sneezing. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it works.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

The soda remedy actually worked. Everything has returned to normal.

grixxlybear99

Bronze

Post by grixxlybear99 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Has this guy been slowly dying in your office the past couple months

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

spud3000

New

Post by spud3000 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 pm

This is my favorite TLS thread, particularly the descriptions of the noises. I do hope, however, that the person does not have an actual life-threatening issue.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:23 pm

this is the best thread I've ever read

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:32 pm

This is actually a really annoying situation to deal with and it makes everyone around crabby and bitchy, so it sucks all around; however, I do find it to be a good outlet for my frustration to post on here.

There are also emails and group texts that go around when it gets out of hand.

hopefuljumbo23

Bronze

Post by hopefuljumbo23 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:54 pm

spud3000 wrote:This is my favorite TLS thread, particularly the descriptions of the noises. I do hope, however, that the person does not have an actual life-threatening issue.
Yes pls continue updating us

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

1styearlateral

Silver

Post by 1styearlateral » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:More strange coughing behavior happening today.

"Huuh, huuuh, huuuh, huuuuh (pause) moof, moof, moof, moof, (pause) huuuuh, huuuh, huuuh, huh, huh, huh, huh."
My sides have reached orbit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm

The coughing/sneezing hasn't been bad at all since the last update. However, there was one recent outburst today.

It happened when the Cougher was in the employee common area / break room. In this area there is coffee, water, fridges, microwaves, chairs, magazines, newspapers, etc. There were quite a few people standing around eating breakfast foods and drinking coffee when the cougher entered and experienced an uncontrollable sneezing rage.

Ahhhhhchhhhhoooooo! Harrrrah, hrrrrrrahhhh, hhhrrrrraaaahhhh, hrrrraaahhhh, hrrraaaah, ACHOOOOO! Excuse...CHOOOO, hrrrraaaaahhhh, hhhhrrrrrraaaaahhh, hhhrrraaah, hrah, hrah, hrah, hrah, HHHRRRAAAAHHH!

He finally stepped out of the common area still sneezing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 pm

There hasn't been anything new to report lately. Hope it stays this way.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”