RJS Law in San Diego

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

RJS Law in San Diego

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 am

Anyone worked here? Medium-ish sized firm in downtown SD that only does tax. I'll likely have an offer here so wanted to get some info if possible, mainly because a classmate told me (she worked for the IRS in a past summer) that the firm has a "bad reputation" with the SD IRS office (she didn't clarify what she meant before she left the conversation). Heard from another classmate that a friend of a friend got super lowballed on associate compensation. Just trying to see if any of these things have any weight, or if anyone has any info they can share.

Anonymous for obvious reasons. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: RJS Law in San Diego

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Bump!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:08 pm

No idea about this firm or San Diego for that matter. But as a guiding principle, I wouldn't take the advice of a summer intern about how a federal agency feels about any given firm, let alone let That be a basis for your decision to (or not to) work somewhere.

FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

Postby FascinatedWanderer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I also have no idea, but I think the advice above is off. Interns can get a pretty good sense of what firms are held in good regard by the office. I interned at various USAOs and I definitely got a sense of which firms the AUSAs though highly of.

Like I said, I know nothing about RJS, but none of their (very few) actual attorneys seem to have gone to a reputable law school.

Return to “Legal Employment�