3 page writing sample detailing my experience - What format to use?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TLSaul2001

New

3 page writing sample detailing my experience - What format to use?

Postby TLSaul2001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 pm

I have an interview next week and by tomorrow they want a 3 page writing sample that details how my past work experience prepares me for the position. I've mostly written the text, but am unsure how to format it. My resume and cover letter that were sent in for this job both have my personal info heading up top and are otherwise in a normal format.

This isn't a brief and isn't a letter, so I'm unsure if I should just put my personal info heading at the top (like I did for my CL/resume) and just have the body of text underneath, or am I better off having a cover page? I'm just kind of lost on what would be the best way to present it to them. It's a panel interview so they'll be getting my sample in advance.

Thanks for any help!

pml87

New

Re: 3 page writing sample detailing my experience - What format to use?

Postby pml87 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Strange requirement for sure. I would add a cover page and use it to give a one-paragraph summary of the writing sample. Make sure the formatting is in sync with resume. It would look more organized.

Return to “Legal Employment�