Mods Please Delete

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

.

A
0
No votes
B
1
100%
 
Total votes: 1

ughbugchugplug

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: S&C vs. Skadden vs. STB?

Postby ughbugchugplug » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:57 am

If you're interested about the history of the firms, please watch oliver stone's history of America. You will be interested to hear sull croms involvement in the U.S. entry into WWI and their financing of nazi Germany during WWII. They are different now of course(?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 316244
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mods Please Delete

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:48 am

I feel bad that we've ganged upon the OP.

OP - if you want some honest advice, check the next thread over (the one called "Worst week/month/year billing"). In that thread, you'll hear associates commiserating about 70, 80, even 135 hour work weeks. People sleeping four hours a night for months at a time. And guess what - I can guarantee you that they are S&C/STB/Skadden/similar firms. If you think you can live that life, then you got this in the bag.

User avatar
LaLiLuLeLo

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:54 am

Re: Mods Please Delete

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I feel bad that we've ganged upon the OP.

OP - if you want some honest advice, check the next thread over (the one called "Worst week/month/year billing"). In that thread, you'll hear associates commiserating about 70, 80, even 135 hour work weeks. People sleeping four hours a night for months at a time. And guess what - I can guarantee you that they are S&C/STB/Skadden/similar firms. If you think you can live that life, then you got this in the bag.


We all think we can live the life until it actually happens, unfortunately. No amount of "I hate biglaw" threads will let the reality set in to fools like us.

Anonymous User
Posts: 316244
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mods Please Delete

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:07 pm

LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I feel bad that we've ganged upon the OP.

OP - if you want some honest advice, check the next thread over (the one called "Worst week/month/year billing"). In that thread, you'll hear associates commiserating about 70, 80, even 135 hour work weeks. People sleeping four hours a night for months at a time. And guess what - I can guarantee you that they are S&C/STB/Skadden/similar firms. If you think you can live that life, then you got this in the bag.


We all think we can live the life until it actually happens, unfortunately. No amount of "I hate biglaw" threads will let the reality set in to fools like us.


So then I've got to ask... why do you do it? Is the money that worth it vs. huge loans you're worried about? Honestly I don't know how people can do what's described above, it sounds dangerous for your health and I can't imagine your work product is fantastic when you regularly are sleeping 5 hours or less a night after working 12-16 hour days.

User avatar
smaug

Diamond
Posts: 13973
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Mods Please Delete

Postby smaug » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 pm

purplepebbles00 wrote:.

Sad!

User avatar
LaLiLuLeLo

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:54 am

Re: Mods Please Delete

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LaLiLuLeLo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I feel bad that we've ganged upon the OP.

OP - if you want some honest advice, check the next thread over (the one called "Worst week/month/year billing"). In that thread, you'll hear associates commiserating about 70, 80, even 135 hour work weeks. People sleeping four hours a night for months at a time. And guess what - I can guarantee you that they are S&C/STB/Skadden/similar firms. If you think you can live that life, then you got this in the bag.


We all think we can live the life until it actually happens, unfortunately. No amount of "I hate biglaw" threads will let the reality set in to fools like us.


So then I've got to ask... why do you do it? Is the money that worth it vs. huge loans you're worried about? Honestly I don't know how people can do what's described above, it sounds dangerous for your health and I can't imagine your work product is fantastic when you regularly are sleeping 5 hours or less a night after working 12-16 hour days.


I thought it might be worth it to pay off my loans in less than 3 years. Once I do, I might look back and think it was a good choice. As of right now, I think I'm pissing away my youth and would've been much happier just doing PSLF and working in an actual fulfilling job at a public interest place. The immigration thing really drove that home.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.