San Francisco Corporate Exit Options

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

San Francisco Corporate Exit Options

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:45 pm

v5 NYC junior associate looking to lateral.

I know that WSGR, Fenwick, Cooley and to a lesser extent Orrick do a lot of the tech/vc/emerging company work in the bay area.

Can anyone speak to any other firms worth considering? Is MoFo's corporate practice on par with any of these firms?

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Re: San Francisco Corporate Exit Options

Postby oblig.lawl.ref » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Idk if Mofo is quite the same but I think it's pretty well regarded, so you might as well apply. I would also probably apply to Latham and Goodwin's SV offices. I think those offices, combined, handle a bunch of the corporate legal work in the bay. K&E does a lot too but their corporate practice is very PE focused (esp. the SF office) and I personally wouldn't want to end up there. Gunderson would be a good idea too if you're interested at all in startup/VC work.

hangold

New

Postby hangold » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:56 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:01 am

I mean you hit the nail on the head.

WSGR/Cooley/Fenwick/Gunderson - the "native" firms are generally good for that sort of work. Latham and Goodwin are the 2 notable non-native firms that have made really strong in-roads as well.

The other major NYC firms (Skadden/DPW/STB/Weil) pretty much avoid that sort of work for the most part - although they'll still often have some big-name tech companies amongst their client lists.

Return to “Legal Employment�