C&F - Missouri

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

C&F - Missouri

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:22 pm

I have a few city ordinances from when I was a freshman in college and I was wondering if anyone thinks they would be a problem. I'll delete this after, so please do not quote.

-I drank for the first time ever at a fraternity party my first week of college. Tried to walk home to my dorm, completely wasted. Saw a cop and ran away - ended up with city ordinances for creating a public nuisance, resisting arrest by fleeing, and a minor in possession. Got it dropped to a littering ticket and minor in possession.

-Got another ticket for being a minor in possession of alcohol and resisting arrest (the cop said I "moved my shoulder in a threatening way" when he handcuffed me - worth noting that the cops in the town in which I attended undergrad are VERY well known for their excessive use of force?). Dropped to a littering ticket.

-Have a couple speeding tickets from high school but they were all completely dismissed.

I'll be applying to the bar 8 years after the more recent of the two incidents (all city ordinances, so not even misdemeanors). I was an immature freshman in college who had never been exposed to partying and alcohol before, and haven't gotten so much as a speeding ticket since the last incident. I also joined an organization against drunk driving and underage drinking at my university and became a speaker within Greek Life to encourage students to be more careful about attending fraternity parties, underage drinking, etc.

Do y'all think any of this will be a problem? I've seen people admitted to the bar with much worse, but I'm insanely paranoid. My cycle has gone fine, I've gotten accepted to all of my target schools and a couple of reaches, so it hasn't affected by applications.

Anonymous User

Re: C&F - Missouri

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Return to “Legal Employment�