How much did you make last summer after tax?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Can anyone who did Biglaw Summer last year (after the raise) tell me how much you earned after tax weekly/biweekly?
I can roughly calculate the numbers using the tax rates, but I would like an exact amount. I know firms differ on their withholding policies.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone who did Biglaw Summer last year (after the raise) tell me how much you earned after tax weekly/biweekly?
I can roughly calculate the numbers using the tax rates, but I would like an exact amount. I know firms differ on their withholding policies.


Which state? CA and NY will be really different from Texas, for example.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Illinois

6160 gross, 4608 net. Bi weekly. That is before the pay bump. Don't have the 180k number because we got our extra $$$ for the the weeks after the raise in a lump sum.

Being a summer is fucking awesome.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 pm

After the pay bump, net was 4,867.73 in CA and net was 4,578.03 in NY.

bluthmodelhome

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby bluthmodelhome » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After the pay bump, net was 4,867.73 in CA and net was 4,578.03 in NY.

this is biweekly, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Just got my W-2. I made 32k and change gross. After fed/state/Social Security/etc/ I took in about 23,500.

ETA: this is in CA
ETAx2: This is like after 18 allowances.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got my W-2. I made 32k and change gross. After fed/state/Social Security/etc/ I took in about 23,500.

ETA: this is in CA
ETAx2: This is like after 18 allowances.


What does your refund look like? anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:34 am

bluthmodelhome wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:After the pay bump, net was 4,867.73 in CA and net was 4,578.03 in NY.

this is biweekly, right?

Yes

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: How much did you make last summer after tax?

Postby RaceJudicata » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:44 am

I'm one of the anons above. I played along, but seriously, what is the point of this exercise? Do a google search for "take home pay calculator" - it will be as accurate -- and broken down item by item.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.