Best Civil Litigation Guide

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
3LOL717

New

Best Civil Litigation Guide

Postby 3LOL717 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 am

I know this is slightly random but does anyone have suggestions on a nutshell or something similar to the supplements used in law school for actual practice? I'm in litigation and as a junior associate a lot of the material I've dealt with related to civ pro and evidence are not subjects I've spent a lot of time thinking about in multiple years and while Google has been helpful, I didn't know if maybe the collective TLS community had a better suggestion. Thanks!

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Re: Best Civil Litigation Guide

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:45 am

Wright & Miller is on Westlaw and ought to be your first stop for civ pro questions.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:30 pm

If you are consistently practicing in one jurisdiction, sometimes law firms will have "practice guides." These can be super helpful. One that comes to mind is Jenner & Block practice series. A lot of the docs are Illinois focused, but there are a few that are general fed court focused (I think there is one on SMJ and ERISA lit, if i recall correctly). Other firms may have similar materials.

spud3000

New

Postby spud3000 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:29 pm

State bar associations usually have practice guides for various areas. I would check the local website for CLE, etc.

Return to “Legal Employment�