Should I drop out?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AnonUser777

New

Should I drop out?

Postby AnonUser777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Just finished first semester. Grades B, B, B-, C+, putting my GPA at 2.73. In order to raise my GPA to be just above median, I would need two A's and two A-s this semester.

Currently attending T14, male AA URM. I'm assuming a career in biglaw is out of the question now?

Mullens

Silver

Re: Should I drop out?

Postby Mullens » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 pm

AnonUser777 wrote:Just finished first semester. Grades B, B, B-, C+, putting my GPA at 2.73. In order to raise my GPA to be just above median, I would need two A's and two A-s this semester.

Currently attending T14, male AA URM. I'm assuming a career in biglaw is out of the question now?

As an AA male you're not shut out of biglaw. You're gonna have an uphill battle but firms really want diversity and the number of AA males in the T14 is low. You really need to focus on your grades this semester and try to get your GPA as high as possible. Meet with your professors, go over your exams, talk to upperclassmen and try everything you can to learn how to write better exams.

Return to “Legal Employment�