Labor & Employment Lateral

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CaliSmallLaw

New

Labor & Employment Lateral

Postby CaliSmallLaw » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm

First off. I'm not a lawyer so forgive if I don't know the correct acronyms or proper form on this forum. My wife works in Big Law in Labor & Employment Litigation and is currently not in NYC. We are looking to relocate and I'm trying to be as helpful as possible in trying to help her figure out what groups there are in NY and whether they would be hiring Jr. Associates in the near future. So my limited understanding, people I know and googling has turned up the below.

Proskauer
Jones Day
Skadden
Paul Hastings
Morgan Lewis
Gibson Dunn
Seyfarth
Akin
Weil
Paul Weiss

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Labor & Employment Lateral

Postby 1styearlateral » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 pm

In b4 "0Ls aren't allowed to post here."

Without any information, it's impossible to opine as to whether your wife has a shot at employment at any of these firms. But yeah, those firms hire laterals all the time.

CaliSmallLaw

New

Postby CaliSmallLaw » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:11 pm

1styearlateral wrote:In b4 "0Ls aren't allowed to post here."

Without any information, it's impossible to opine as to whether your wife has a shot at employment at any of these firms. But yeah, those firms hire laterals all the time.

She went to a T14 from my understanding top like 5/6? Checks multiple boxes (URM and female). She is a 2nd year at one of the firms I mentioned currently but isn't going to be able to transfer.

crumb cake

Bronze

Postby crumb cake » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:11 pm

http://www.nalpdirectory.com/ will let you search by city/state and practice area. It also has useful info like compensation, number of lateral hires in past years, etc.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:50 pm

go on the firms' websites and see if they have any openings. Be sure to fill out her application as well.

Return to “Legal Employment�