No offer for grades?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No offer for grades?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 pm

I transferred to a T10 and got median or slightly below this semester (3.3). Is this likely to raise red flags for the V50 firm I'm summering for?

Thanks.

michael2015

New

Re: No offer for grades?

Postby michael2015 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Yes.

Email a mentor at the firm. Because of grade inflation at T10, anything sub median normally required meeting with recruiting at start of summer for any V100.

favabeansoup

Bronze

Postby favabeansoup » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:06 pm

michael2015 wrote:Yes.

Email a mentor at the firm. Because of grade inflation at T10, anything sub median normally required meeting with recruiting at start of summer for any V100.

I wouldn't even wait for the summer to give this person a no offer. I mean slightly below median at a T10, come on, that's just disgraceful.

MrT

Bronze

Postby MrT » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

favabeansoup wrote:
michael2015 wrote:Yes.

I wouldn't even wait for the summer to give this person a no offer. I mean slightly below median at a T10, come on, that's just disgraceful.

Quit scaring the kid. You're fine. Just do better this semester.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Official TLS policy states that we have to wait 7 calendar days before starting a new "NO OFfRRS FOR GRADEZ????" panic thread. So you're going to have to wait like 6 more days. Sorry OP. I'll have the mods lock this one.

In the meantime you'll have to comb through the LITERALLY 5 MILLION other threads on this topic that already exist to try and find the answer to this eternal question.

Return to “Legal Employment�