How to Coast in Biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: How to Coast in Biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here, this is all great advice, but basically, if you want anything resembling a normal job, its better to GTFO is the consensus i'm drawing (or just get really lucky). Honestly, I came back from vacation last week and immediately got staffed on a matter that required me staying up till 2 am three days in a row. I think i'm just not cut out for this crap.

Yes. Unless you are in a smaller specialty group, which you are not, you can only manage the hours and the stress. Maybe you have one insane 300 hour month a year instead of three. You are in the office only a couple weekends, not a dozen. You avoid working for exceptionally shitty partners and dealing with the stress of bad reviews. But it's very hard to "coast" in the sense that most people understand it.

CR. "Coasting" in biglaw would be like billing 10 hours a day, instead of 12...LOL.

Return to “Legal Employment�