GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 314096
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi, I am a 2L at a lower t-14 (think Gtown, Cornell, Northwestern), and had a 1L gpa of 3.32. For 2L Fall semester, I got a 3.18 (B, B, B+, A-). Is this enough for a no-offer at the end of my upcoming 2L SA. I will be an SA for a lower V20 firm, think V15-20. (I don't want to out the firm). But, the firm has had a 100% offer rate for the last 5 years that I know of. Thoughts? I'm really worried about this gpa drop.

User avatar
LaLiLuLeLo

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:54 am

Re: GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm

You're fine

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby RaceJudicata » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Phew. You are fine, but if you were at a V21-23 you might have been shit out of luck.

User avatar
EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:30 am

Re: GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:08 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:Phew. You are fine, but if you were at a V21-23 you might have been shit out of luck.


I laugh every single time this joke is made. Every. Time.

User avatar
ArtistOfManliness

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Re: GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 am

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Phew. You are fine, but if you were at a V21-23 you might have been shit out of luck.


I laugh every single time this joke is made. Every. Time.


I don't get it.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: GPA Drop-Fall 2L Grades-affect 2L SA?

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:59 am

ArtistOfManliness wrote:
EncyclopediaOrange wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Phew. You are fine, but if you were at a V21-23 you might have been shit out of luck.


I laugh every single time this joke is made. Every. Time.


I don't get it.


I mean yeah the drop in firm quality is precipitous after V20, and the likelihood of a no-offer is all the greater the further you move down the Vault rankings. It's no joke. OP you are lucky you didn't end up with the common rabble.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.