1L diversity summer associate positions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 1L diversity summer associate positions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I had a CB last week too. Curious about when we'll hear back by. How long did it take the Philly office to make offers/rejections?
less than a week

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know of people who had screeners/CBs for:
Katten
NRF (not TX offices)
Drinker (not Philly)
Katten LA has already conducted callbacks (last month)

Drinker LA is still evaluating apps and according to HR is waiting to interview people.
Any news on Drinker Chicago?
How many 1Ls are they hiring?
I heard they're only hiring one. How about DC and LA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:02 pm

For those of you who sent out thank you notes, what'd you include and should I expect a response?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those of you who sent out thank you notes, what'd you include and should I expect a response?
Thank you > specifics of the interview that you liked > why they should choose you. Responses are rare.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Wiley DC ding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wiley DC ding.
I'm sorry. Did you have a callback?

Three dings within 48 hours: Baker Botts (had CB) and Weil/Latham (no CB).

Every time someone posts they were dinged, a day later I get the email. Happened with Steptoe and Perkins Coie. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Latham ding as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wiley DC ding.
I'm sorry. Did you have a callback?

Three dings within 48 hours: Baker Botts (had CB) and Weil/Latham (no CB).

Every time someone posts they were dinged, a day later I get the email. Happened with Steptoe and Perkins Coie. :cry:
No callback. No worries, I got an offer elsewhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those of you who sent out thank you notes, what'd you include and should I expect a response?
Keep it plain and simple. Say thanks for the interview, what you enjoyed that you discussed as long as it's professional and appropriate. Don't send the same thing to every person. I only had one person to respond to me out of 6 for the firm I'm going to so I don't think a response or not indicates anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Latham ding too. Don't mind though, already accepted an offer at a bigger firm. It would have been cool to go to their conference though :mrgreen:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:04 pm

^^ Thank you guys for the responses regarding the thank you note above! Also awesome to hear that no response doesn't indicate anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Reed Smith Chi ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Keep it plain and simple. Say thanks for the interview, what you enjoyed that you discussed as long as it's professional and appropriate. Don't send the same thing to every person. I only had one person to respond to me out of 6 for the firm I'm going to so I don't think a response or not indicates anything.
What's the average time from callback to offer? I'm getting pretty nervous

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you > specifics of the interview that you liked > why they should choose you. Responses are rare.
Should I read into it that i got a response to my thank you email from the regional partner that more or less said "It was great talking to you, I'm sure you'll make a great attorney some day. Good luck!"

When this happened, they hadn't even finished interviewing all the candidates but I feel like the "good luck" is basically code for "thanks but no thanks". I'm just nervous because the hiring partner didn't seem to like me but the regional partner clearly did.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Should I read into it that I got a response to my thank you email from the regional partner that more or less said "It was great talking to you, I'm sure you'll make a great attorney some day. Good luck!"

When this happened, they hadn't even finished interviewing all the candidates but I feel like the "good luck" is basically code for "thanks but no thanks". I'm just nervous because the hiring partner didn't seem to like me but the regional partner clearly did.
I don't think it means anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Should I read into it that I got a response to my thank you email from the regional partner that more or less said "It was great talking to you, I'm sure you'll make a great attorney some day. Good luck!"

I don't think it means anything.
Agreed. You're only creating more stress for yourself.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 pm

People who had Drinker CBs- did DC and Chicago make offers? Are they done scheduling CBs, then?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:People who had Drinker CBs- did DC and Chicago make offers? Are they done scheduling CBs, then?
I think they're done with CBs but not sure about offers

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Quick Q -- do boutique firms reimburse airfares for CBs?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Quick Q -- do boutique firms reimburse airfares for CBs?
Check their website. Otherwise, they would have mentioned reimbursement during the CB arrangement process. In my experience firms schedule airfare through their travel agencies, so you don't pay at all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:16 am

Any DLA Piper news, particularly in the Bay Area?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Well I got my offer over a month after I interviewed so I can't say. It is coming up on the time that firms are making decisions everywhere so I'd say if you don't hear back by spring break then I'd definitely try to lock down something else for the summer asap. You can always follow up as long as it's been over 2 weeks since the interview too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

This means nothing. Whether it was a thanks but no thanks or we really like you. Hiring committee makes decisions together.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Well I got my offer over a month after I interviewed so I can't say. It is coming up on the time that firms are making decisions everywhere so I'd say if you don't hear back by spring break then I'd definitely try to lock down something else for the summer asap. You can always follow up as long as it's been over 2 weeks since the interview too.
A month...wow. Had you assumed a ding by that point?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
A month...wow. Had you assumed a ding by that point?
Before the month mark, no. Because they had been following up with me first seeing if I had any other offers. After the month mark I was less enthusiastic and thought I didn't get it. But as soon as I got another offer they gave me one that day. I don't know what the delay was and I didn't ask any questions. I just happily accepted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”