1L SA Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L SA Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:23 pm

I was wondering how one should best prepare for a diversity 1L SA interview. Should I go over the OCI information on the forum? I'm meeting with two partners and the interview is for half an hour. Any input is appreciated.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: 1L SA Interview

Postby RaceJudicata » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Research a bit about the firm, a little more about the people interviewing you. Also, have a good reason for why you went to law school, why xyz city, why xyz practice (but also ok if you want to try multiple - just have good reasons for that). Know your resume inside and out and be able to answer questions about every.single.line. Finally, come prepared with good questions - ideally ones that get your interviewers talking.

It's a 30 min screener so your interview will only touch on a few of these subjects at most. There are also tons of forums here that go into quite a bit more detail, but IME, that's the gist of firm interviews.

Edit: didn't see the part about diversity. Not sure if diversity interview is meaningfully different, but i sort of doubt it is. Maybe someone else has more insight re diversity interviews.

Return to “Legal Employment�