It's so much harder studying for the bar exam when you're unemployed and have nothing lined up

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

It's so much harder studying for the bar exam when you're unemployed and have nothing lined up

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:08 pm

This is my third go around, I lost my ex-gf of 4 years who made me the happiest I've ever been in my life. My only highlight during law school was my second summer interning at the White House under POTUS, I hated my 1L SA gig and only got it because I was a paralegal for that midlaw firm before time.

With my interest only being sports and politics, I'm just sinking in depression and no meds are helping anymore fml

Anonymous User

Re: It's so much harder studying for the bar exam when you're unemployed and have nothing lined up

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

did you do a bar prep course?

mvp99

Silver

Re: It's so much harder studying for the bar exam when you're unemployed and have nothing lined up

Postby mvp99 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:33 am

You're so much more than this. Don't let a job or a peice of paper make u less happy.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:did you do a bar prep course?

jfc man.. hell of a response.

OP, no advice on the bar exam -- and I don't think the exam is your most pressing concern at this juncture. It sounds like you are getting psychiatric help- that is good- keep up with it and do your best to be forthright with your psychiatrist/psych if you are seeing one regularly. They can help. Also, consider sitting the february exam out and retaking for 3rd time in July. I'm not sure if thats feasible, but it may allow you to get your personal stuff/mental health in order; and it may allow you to get a non-legal job that you may find fulfilling. Bottom line, good luck - keep your head up!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Thank you all for the responses and Happy New Year. I'm just so burnt out and I guess my ex-gf leaving of 4 years cause I failed the 2nd time was the final straw. I was so use to having summer positions lined up and things going on, this one bar exam just put my life in such a waiting game, I've never been more depressed and I do suffer from ADHD and Depression. I'm also judged for taking medication, I don't know if I should sit for the Florida bar or the UBE anymore.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thank you all for the responses and Happy New Year. I'm just so burnt out and I guess my ex-gf leaving of 4 years cause I failed the 2nd time was the final straw. I was so use to having summer positions lined up and things going on, this one bar exam just put my life in such a waiting game, I've never been more depressed and I do suffer from ADHD and Depression. I'm also judged for taking medication, I don't know if I should sit for the Florida bar or the UBE anymore.

Your girlfriend left you because you failed the florida bar exam?

Some people need perspective.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thank you all for the responses and Happy New Year. I'm just so burnt out and I guess my ex-gf leaving of 4 years cause I failed the 2nd time was the final straw. I was so use to having summer positions lined up and things going on, this one bar exam just put my life in such a waiting game, I've never been more depressed and I do suffer from ADHD and Depression. I'm also judged for taking medication, I don't know if I should sit for the Florida bar or the UBE anymore.

Accidental anon

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

She left me for failing the NY bar, now the UBE the second time (only by 10 points) because she wanted a ring and stability and I was fighting as hard as I could to get us there. I finally got job offer for right after the bar on a presidential campaign in Florida and she said no, that left me devastated for quite some time, I've only recently recovered lol. By far one of the worst decisions I made was falling for her looks, she was the devil. Oh well, better now than later right?

Genius

Silver

Postby Genius » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:21 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

She left me for failing the NY bar, now the UBE the second time (only by 10 points) because she wanted a ring and stability and I was fighting as hard as I could to get us there. I finally got job offer for right after the bar on a presidential campaign in Florida and she said no, that left me devastated for quite some time, I've only recently recovered lol. By far one of the worst decisions I made was falling for her looks, she was the devil. Oh well, better now than later right?

The point of a fucking serious relationship is to support one another during hard times like this. Not that you did not already know this but you need a reminder from a stranger online sometimes. Be very glad SHE LEFT YOU because you didnt see that side of her and likely never would have.

Yes there are women (and men) like your ex. They have a vision of what their happy life looks like and they want someone to give that to them. They arent going to work for it themselves. You were not the guy to give her that and she did not like it.

Count your blessings. This hardship in your life will make you a new man once you come out of it.

Return to “Legal Employment�