Quinn Emanuel Lateral Hiring Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn Emanuel Lateral Hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am

Anyone know about QE's process for lateral hiring? I'm aware that they essentially eliminated the summer program in favor of direct hiring of 3Ls, and their website doesn't have any information about lateral hiring in the U.S. Appears that you just send a resume to the recruiting coordinator of the office of interest. Also there is no posting on their website about "openings" in the lateral ranks, suggesting that it's case-by-case depending on current/anticipated workload at the firm and what types of candidates walk in the door.

Curious if anyone can share insight into the process and/or confirm any of the above suspicions. Thanks in advance!

Although it doesn't matter for these questions, I'm a current biglaw associate, secondary market, IP lit, 4th yr.

Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emanuel Lateral Hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:00 am

Can I piggyback and ask how the 3L process works / what kind of credentials?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 am

bump

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

You send one flip flop and your transcript in the mail. If your grades are good enough, they'll call you (half of this is true)
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am

FSK wrote:You send one flip flop and your transcript in the mail. If your grades are good enough, they'll call you (half of this is true)
No joke, I went to a Quinn recruiting event where their goody bag contained flip flops.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:16 pm

According to the website, you send resume, transcript and writing sample to the recruiting contact for the office. Can anyone comment on the workload? Obviously the firm has a reputation for insane hours and a 2100 target, but are we talking lots of unreasonable late-night TRO fire drills, or just huge cases with a lot to do? Yes, I know, every case/client is different, blah blah. General insights appreciated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I didn't want to create another Quinn thread, so does anyone know if it's worth applying to them as a 2L? Their site does still show that they have a summer program, but I know that they tend to favor hiring 3Ls.

Around top 10% at NYU (based on prior years), if that makes a difference.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I didn't want to create another Quinn thread, so does anyone know if it's worth applying to them as a 2L? Their site does still show that they have a summer program, but I know that they tend to favor hiring 3Ls.

Around top 10% at NYU (based on prior years), if that makes a difference.
It is. If your resume/grades are impressive enough, they will take you as a 2L -- even better if you know a summer or associate at the firm already who can vouch for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”