Interview timing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview timing

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:17 pm

1L here. I'm trying to fit as many firm interviews into next week as possible to maximize chances that I can get an offer (and next Monday-Thursday is the only time the firms are extending interviews before I have to go back to school.

On Monday I have a callback-style interview in the morning that ends with lunch at noon. How long do those lunches usually last? I have been offered an interview that's very close by (~10 minutes) at 2pm and just want to make sure that's ok to take. Chances the lunch lasts too long/best way to handle the situation? (pre-emptively let them know I need to leave by 1:30, wait to see if it comes up, etc.) These will be my first-ever job interviews (KJD) so I'm pretty unsure.

Also if you have any general advice about legal interviews, specifically for 1l SA positions that would be great. I know there are probably threads on here but searching the site for interview advice turns up a ton of stuff, so if anyone can link me to a particularly useful thread I would be very grateful.

tflan19

Bronze

Re: Interview timing

Post by tflan19 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:34 pm

I would clarify with the recruiter that you have a 2pm appointment and ask if they think you would be able to make that appointment or if you should reschedule it. If they say you're all clear then schedule the 2pm interview, if not then try to schedule it at another time.

Do you mind saying what market you are interviewing in? Or if its a super small market just say that (Or PM me)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Texas, specifically Dallas, Houston, and SA

AZ123

New

Post by AZ123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:45 pm

I would be hesitant to do two callbacks in one day (unless absolutely necessary, which it seems like is the case here). Callbacks can be pretty exhausting, which is weird considering that you are just having conversations the whole time, but you may not have a ton of energy left for the second one.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:56 pm

AZ123 wrote:I would be hesitant to do two callbacks in one day (unless absolutely necessary, which it seems like is the case here). Callbacks can be pretty exhausting, which is weird considering that you are just having conversations the whole time, but you may not have a ton of energy left for the second one.
Agreed. I'd just make sure not to do any of your top choices in the second half of the afternoon. I did a lot of two-a-days, and they turned out just fine.

However, since we are talking about your future, I'd consider skipping a few days of school if callbacks work better then. Class <<<<<<<<<<<<< Job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”