Stay at terrible job or jump on a biglaw temp gig?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Stay at terrible job or jump on a biglaw temp gig?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:43 am

i work at a fake biglaw servicing insurance companies. offered a real biglaw temp gig with a potential for full time gig doing doc review/discovery work. i guess it's one of those staff attorney/non-partner tracked positions.

is this shit even worth leaving a blemish on my resume as a junior jumping ship before a 1 year mark? the reason im even considering this is because my boss is a screamer and my days are numbered not because im at any risk of getting shitcanned but because i hate it.

Anonymous User

Re: Stay at terrible job or jump on a biglaw temp gig?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:12 am

If I were you, I'd take the offer. Your day to day at your current firm sounds miserable, and I'm assuming the new job pays a lot more?

Anonymous User

Re: Stay at terrible job or jump on a biglaw temp gig?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I were you, I'd take the offer. Your day to day at your current firm sounds miserable, and I'm assuming the new job pays a lot more?

My boss actually likes me and ceased to scream at me after my work product improved. Having said that the boss is still insufferable and a shitty human being.

My worry is what if after 6 months i dont get the full time perma offer? It is a huge risk for a junior cuz i might become unemployable.

Return to “Legal Employment�