Employment Advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Employment Advice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:02 am

At this point, I have two options.

Option 1: I can work at a small firm for one-half (second half) of the summer in a market that I don't want to work in after graduation for some money and leave the other half open for something better (preferably mid law in one of my target cities).

Option 2: Accept an offer at a firm for the entire summer in a market that I more open to working at after graduation, but is still not ideal.

I am at a T18 and confident my grades will improve a little after this semester to where I should be above the median.

What do you think? Is it wishful thinking that I still have shot at landing something good for the other half if I keep hustling?

zot1

Gold

Re: Employment Advice

Postby zot1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:10 am

There's still sooooo much time to get something else.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:14 am

What market are you trying to crack? I think that'd help anyone trying to give you advice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:What market are you trying to crack? I think that'd help anyone trying to give you advice.

I am trying to crack Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, or Austin.

Return to “Legal Employment�