winter break before februrary bar

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
umichman

Bronze

winter break before februrary bar

Postby umichman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

anybody go on vacation after graduating in december and planning on taking Feb bar? Will that cut into my bar study time to go for a week? is it a bad choice?

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Re: winter break before februrary bar

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Are you taking a bar prep class? If so, when do your classes start? Have you been doing any early bar prep? How long of a vacation are you considering; is this a couple days or a couple weeks? When is your last final if you are taking any? All of these are relevant factors to think about. I will say that anything that pushes your studying past Christmas is not a good idea. Definitely don't miss any bar prep classes. Hope this helps a bit.

umichman

Bronze

Postby umichman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:13 am

All bar prep is online. thinking about just going for a week or so. I wont have done any pre prep and probably will start studying on the 21.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:31 am

Probably fine to delay the start of studying. I tried to start on time but the holiday season was impossible. I was more than fine (though you never really feel like you've studied enough)

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:51 am

I think if you can start studying on the 20th then you are in good shape. Take the time and enjoy yourself before madness begins.

thegrayman

Silver

Postby thegrayman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

I took CA 2/2016 (after passing NY a year prior) and started studying very lightly prior to Christmas, then actually buckling down the week after. I found that to be plenty of time, I wouldn't sweat taking off a week while you're still in December. Once you get down to 3 weeks out you're going to feel like you studied way too little either way, might as well experience some joy in life before plunging in :D

Return to “Legal Employment�