Williams & Connolly?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Williams & Connolly?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

FascinatedWanderer wrote:I'm surprised they don't lose talent more often. They're paid a staggering amount less than associates at Kellogg Huber and now also Wilkinson Walsh, and 40-50K less a year than at Covington, Gibson etc.

Low leverage, the firm treats people like adults, generally a positive work environment, people drink the kool aid, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
FascinatedWanderer wrote:I'm surprised they don't lose talent more often. They're paid a staggering amount less than associates at Kellogg Huber and now also Wilkinson Walsh, and 40-50K less a year than at Covington, Gibson etc.

Low leverage, the firm treats people like adults, generally a positive work environment, people drink the kool aid, etc.

Based on my limited experience with them, they seem to screen for fit really well too. All the W&C people I've met have had a certain personality type (that's hard for me to describe but I know it when I see it). I felt very out of place the couple times I've been in their offices, and I know someone who summered there and couldn't stand it. But if you fit in, I can see why you'd want to stay.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Who says that they aren't? Like all firms, they want people that want to be there.

Return to “Legal Employment�