Changed Travel Expenses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anodyne

New

Changed Travel Expenses

Postby anodyne » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Does anyone know if it is standard for a firm to pay for changes in travel plans? E.g., book a flight for one day, then ask to move it due to unforeseen circumstances. The travel agents have asked me whether they should ask the firm to pay for it. I would only do so if it is standard for firms to pay these expenses.

Anonymous User

Re: Changed Travel Expenses

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 pm

I know I'm being impatient, but I'm trying to get back to the firm soon. Does anyone even have a gut?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 pm

I'd say pay for the change yourself and then ask HR later if they will reimburse

Br3v

Gold

Postby Br3v » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:38 pm

why do you have to change? Seems to turn on that.

emkay625

Gold

Postby emkay625 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Yeah I would say it would depend on the reason you needed to change. Did something come up at the last minute, at no fault of your own, that was unavoidable? Or is this a change for your own convenience/leisure/a result of your own poor planning?

Return to “Legal Employment�