Suggested Classes for 2L Summer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Suggested Classes for 2L Summer?

Postby fordhamnj » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:11 am

Hi everyone,

I'm slated to do both corporate and litigation work this summer because I have no idea which I'd rather do. I have a business background but reading on here has made me think transactional work is the most boring work you can do.

Because of this I've taken evidence, professional responsibility, employment law and did an externship this semester. Next semester I'm taking corps, securities regulation, a constitutional law advanced seminar (fills the writing requirement), and complex lit.

Are these varied enough to give me a basic understanding of the knowledge needed for both lit and transactional work? I didn't want to take a drafting class or income tax until I try both this summer and see which interests me more.

I think I may be interested in tax work but I'm not sure about the field's growth and thought complex lit is a better foundation information class and I should try tax 3L year.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Suggested Classes for 2L Summer?

Postby RaceJudicata » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am

Take classes that you will get good grades in. Second consideration is classes that will be on the bar (but only if you can get a good grade in said classes).

Return to “Legal Employment”