Simplicity Noob/Help

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Simplicity Noob/Help

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi All,

New to this Simplicity thing. Know what it is, but I never really used it except for OCI when it was necessary. Learned to navigate it a bit during OCI, so have a little experience. I am now looking for a part-time 2L job that may eventually turn into full-time after graduation or something.

I struck out OCI. I attend a T1.

Main reason why I am here is to learn how simplicity works.

1.) I just submitted ten applications through simplicity for part-time law clerks. I know the school will send them to the employers directly, but is it a good idea to reach out to the employers as well, or will they just contact me? Is it like OCI where I have to check continuously? Any suggestions? Does the school send the whole application package submitted, and I should just wait for a phone call or email?

2.) I just applied to some jobs which were posted since October 10-15 with a deadline of December. They are only seeking one law clerk; on these applications does the school send all the applications/received materials all at once (in a big pile) when the deadline closes, or does the school send them as they receive them? I guess on these types of job postings(where only one law clerk is needed but a long application period) it is better to apply early if the school sends them on a first come-first serve period.

zot1

Gold

Re: Simplicity Noob/Help

Postby zot1 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 pm

You've applied, now forget about them. If the firms are interested, they will contact you.

mecarey

New

Re: Simplicity Noob/Help

Postby mecarey » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1.) I just submitted ten applications through simplicity for part-time law clerks. I know the school will send them to the employers directly, but is it a good idea to reach out to the employers as well, or will they just contact me? Is it like OCI where I have to check continuously? Any suggestions? Does the school send the whole application package submitted, and I should just wait for a phone call or email?

Once you submit your application on symplicity, it's out of your hands. If an employer is interested, they will reach out to you. I wouldn't reach out to an employer unless you have a significant update to your applications materials (i.e. new grades or a significant resume update).

Anonymous User wrote:2.) I just applied to some jobs which were posted since October 10-15 with a deadline of December. They are only seeking one law clerk; on these applications does the school send all the applications/received materials all at once (in a big pile) when the deadline closes, or does the school send them as they receive them? I guess on these types of job postings(where only one law clerk is needed but a long application period) it is better to apply early if the school sends them on a first come-first serve period.

Assume all hiring is done on a rolling basis - employers can log in to symplicity at any time and view applications that have been submitted for their posted positions. I know numerous people who have been hired before the posting expired.

Return to “Legal Employment�