Income Based Repayment - How do I know if I'm enrolled?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
grixxlybear99

Bronze

Income Based Repayment - How do I know if I'm enrolled?

Postby grixxlybear99 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:27 pm

So, I submitted my application for PAYE or REPAYE on studentloans.gov about 2.5 months ago. The person on the phone with me told me that I pre-qualified. However, when I sign into mygreatlakes I see that my deferment ends today and that my monthly payments are ALOT. Am I going to be enrolled in PAYE or REPAYE tomorrow?

How and when did you find out that you were enrolled in an IBR Plan?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Income Based Repayment - How do I know if I'm enrolled?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 pm

You should get a letter (well probably a notice telling you you have a letter online in your paperless inbox!!) telling you you've been enrolled. You can also call them. They regularly warn people that the enrollment may not go through before the first payment is due (but you can defer the payment if you can't afford it). Almost all the time they get it done before the payment is actually due, but it's not guaranteed.

grixxlybear99

Bronze

Re: Income Based Repayment - How do I know if I'm enrolled?

Postby grixxlybear99 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello all - just for those who may come across this thread in the future. I applied for IBR in August after graduation in May. Had a job lined up for September. Went out of deferment on November 17 and became enrolled in the IBR program on Saturday November 19

Return to “Legal Employment�