AUSA/USAO hiring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: AUSA/USAO hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm

How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

I interviewed 3 weeks ago first round. Haven't heard anything from them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

A month is as long as I've gone without hearing about a second interview. Never had a first round screener ding, though.

Which office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:08 pm

I had a six week gap between second round interview and being notified of being selected for a third round. It’s mind numbingly slow.

What office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

A month is as long as I've gone without hearing about a second interview. Never had a first round screener ding, though.

Which office?

Interesting, thanks.

Anonymous User wrote:I had a six week gap between second round interview and being notified of being selected for a third round. It’s mind numbingly slow.

What office?

Got it. thanks.

This was for EDCA.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a final round interview recently for an AUSA gig. The day after the interview they called my references and asked one reference if they would be willing to do a background investigation for me and sent that person forms to complete. Has anyone encountered a reference being asked to do background investigation work before you even received an offer?

Did you end up getting an offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a final round interview recently for an AUSA gig. The day after the interview they called my references and asked one reference if they would be willing to do a background investigation for me and sent that person forms to complete. Has anyone encountered a reference being asked to do background investigation work before you even received an offer?

Yes!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes!

Congrats! Any chance it was DC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes!

Yes, there is a chance.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes!

Yes, there is a chance.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been in purgatory with DDC for a while since my final interview...I wasn't sure how long the wait typically was, so this is helpful with giving me some "closure," even if I haven't officially gotten the ding.

Congrats again.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes!

Yes, there is a chance.

HUGE congrats! If you don’t mind sharing, what was your timeline?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 am

Sure (omitting quotes from post above)

End of June--> Sent Application, called for interview 2-3 weeks later
End of August--> First round interview, called for second interview 2 weeks later
Beginning of October--> Second round interview, emailed offer for final round interview one week later
Mid-October--> Final round interview, references were called day after final and offer extended two weeks after that

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sure (omitting quotes from post above)

End of June--> Sent Application, called for interview 2-3 weeks later
End of August--> First round interview, called for second interview 2 weeks later
Beginning of October--> Second round interview, emailed offer for final round interview one week later
Mid-October--> Final round interview, references were called day after final and offer extended two weeks after that

Thank you. I had my second round about a month ago, but haven’t heard anything since then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Any sdtx offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Post final interview and received a request for references. How (cautiously) optimistic can I be?

Return to “Legal Employment?