AUSA/USAO hiring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: AUSA/USAO hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to the recent NDGA (Atlanta) criminal AUSA postings?

I applied to the civil and criminal openings and very recently got invited to interview for the civil opening.

So, on that front, the office asked me to provide a list of references and specifically asked for my last three supervisors. Does the office contact supervisors before making offers? I’m at a large law firm and obvs would prefer that my firm not know I applied unless I was in the final stages.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 pm

Anyone familiar with DOJ Main's hiring timeline? How long from first interview to second to offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Got an invite to a final round interview with an east coast office on the larger side (NYC, DC, Baltimore, Chicago, etc).

They have yet to ask or mention references. I'd like to include a judge who I've done some trials in front of - but I still regularly appear in front of him/her.

If you were in my shoes would you wait for the office to request references before approaching the judge?

Also - any thoughts on why haven't they asked for references?

Return to “Legal Employment?