AUSA/USAO hiring Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: AUSA/USAO hiring

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm

How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

I interviewed 3 weeks ago first round. Haven't heard anything from them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

A month is as long as I've gone without hearing about a second interview. Never had a first round screener ding, though.

Which office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:08 pm

I had a six week gap between second round interview and being notified of being selected for a third round. It’s mind numbingly slow.

What office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long before you got a rejection? I assume if you get an interview, they aren't going to just leave you hanging, right?

A month is as long as I've gone without hearing about a second interview. Never had a first round screener ding, though.

Which office?
Interesting, thanks.
Anonymous User wrote:I had a six week gap between second round interview and being notified of being selected for a third round. It’s mind numbingly slow.

What office?
Got it. thanks.

This was for EDCA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a final round interview recently for an AUSA gig. The day after the interview they called my references and asked one reference if they would be willing to do a background investigation for me and sent that person forms to complete. Has anyone encountered a reference being asked to do background investigation work before you even received an offer?
Did you end up getting an offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a final round interview recently for an AUSA gig. The day after the interview they called my references and asked one reference if they would be willing to do a background investigation for me and sent that person forms to complete. Has anyone encountered a reference being asked to do background investigation work before you even received an offer?
Yes!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes!
Congrats! Any chance it was DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes!
Yes, there is a chance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes!
Yes, there is a chance.
Thanks for letting me know. I've been in purgatory with DDC for a while since my final interview...I wasn't sure how long the wait typically was, so this is helpful with giving me some "closure," even if I haven't officially gotten the ding.

Congrats again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes!
Yes, there is a chance.
HUGE congrats! If you don’t mind sharing, what was your timeline?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 am

Sure (omitting quotes from post above)

End of June--> Sent Application, called for interview 2-3 weeks later
End of August--> First round interview, called for second interview 2 weeks later
Beginning of October--> Second round interview, emailed offer for final round interview one week later
Mid-October--> Final round interview, references were called day after final and offer extended two weeks after that

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sure (omitting quotes from post above)

End of August--> First round interview, called for second interview 2 weeks later
Beginning of October--> Second round interview, emailed offer for final round interview one week later
Mid-October--> Final round interview, references were called day after final and offer extended two weeks after that
Thank you. I had my second round about a month ago, but haven’t heard anything since then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Any sdtx offers?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Post final interview and received a request for references. How (cautiously) optimistic can I be?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Post final interview and received a request for references. How (cautiously) optimistic can I be?
Very cautiously. I had references called and didn't get an offer. I was really, really bummed. Either my references tanked me, or it wasn't enough of a tie breaker. Alternatively, I have a friend that got an offer a few days after references were called for her.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Post final interview and received a request for references. How (cautiously) optimistic can I be?
Very cautiously. I had references called and didn't get an offer. I was really, really bummed. Either my references tanked me, or it wasn't enough of a tie breaker. Alternatively, I have a friend that got an offer a few days after references were called for her.
I’m sorry...that sucks. If you don’t mind my asking, was it for a smaller office hiring for one spot at a time or a bigger office with “rolling hiring,” so to speak?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm

FWIW, mine were called from a big "rolling" office (not sure thats exactly what they do...they have postings and did not get to my app for like 8 months, but its huge), and I got an offer. However, I was told that they call references rather routinely and seems to be a decider rather than a confirmer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, mine were called from a big "rolling" office (not sure thats exactly what they do...they have postings and did not get to my app for like 8 months, but its huge), and I got an offer. However, I was told that they call references rather routinely and seems to be a decider rather than a confirmer.
If you don’t mind, how long from reference call to offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:22 pm

For those who've been hired or know someone who has: in your experience how long does it take from tentative offer to final offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Just about exactly 4 months for me. And not the cleanest BI either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, mine were called from a big "rolling" office (not sure thats exactly what they do...they have postings and did not get to my app for like 8 months, but its huge), and I got an offer. However, I was told that they call references rather routinely and seems to be a decider rather than a confirmer.
I went back and looked. Just over 2 weeks from first reference convo to offer. But, 1) not sure when the last reference convo was and 2) i had other interviews upcoming and had told them about them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I went back and looked. Just over 2 weeks from first reference convo to offer. But, 1) not sure when the last reference convo was and 2) i had other interviews upcoming and had told them about them.
Thanks. Are you the DDC person who posted above?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks. Are you the DDC person who posted above?
Am not. Didn’t get an interview there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Any more recent news from DDC folks? I’m waiting for third round invite.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sure (omitting quotes from post above)

I also got an offer from DDC and my timeline was way longer than this. So for any DDC applicants: if your process is taking longer than this it’s not necessarily bad news.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”