Texas to NYC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Texas to NYC

Postby RachelGreen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:10 pm

My relationship with my current city is doomed. As it turns out, an affair I began with NYC years ago is more than a fling and I need to make a permanent change. I'm a second-year transactional associate in the Texas office of a non-Texas based v50. I've worked with a few partners and associates in NYC and I have a great reputation at my firm. I'm looking for advice on how and when to make this move. I love my current firm and my ideal scenario would be to simply transfer to our NYC office. I've considered studying for and taking the NY bar prior to ask them to transfer. Thoughts on timing and strategy? I'm prepared to stay up to 6 months more, but that's about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Texas to NYC

Postby mvp99 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Get married first

Re: Texas to NYC

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Might be too personal of a Q, but why are you willing to overlook the super high CoL and taxes (and the claim some people make that NYC firms work you harder)?

Am always curious to hear why people love NYC. I'm going there next summer and want to know if there's anything to look forward to beyond the obvious (culture, food, diversity).

Return to “Legal Employment”