What's the word on Wilkinson Walsh?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

What's the word on Wilkinson Walsh?

Postby FascinatedWanderer » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Pay? Reputation? Qualifications to get hired? Hours? Culture?

Very tough to find any info out there.

Actus Reus

Bronze

Re: What's the word on Wilkinson Walsh?

Postby Actus Reus » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:02 pm

FascinatedWanderer wrote:Pay? Reputation? Qualifications to get hired? Hours? Culture?

Very tough to find any info out there.

No shit it just opened. I'm confident it takes being a litigator and being very smart.

zot1

Gold

Postby zot1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Bird.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:20 pm

ANON bc I am getting a lot of this info via a friend that works there.

They only have like 30 lawyers so it is pretty easy to surmise their qualifications via the firm bios. Their partners are as impressive as it gets... Beth Wilkinson's body of work speaks for itself. There is at least one SCOTUS clerk among the rest, and a serious amount of trial experience throughout (DOJ/AUSA/FPD).

For the associates, it looks like a bunch of them jumped ship with Wilkinson and Walsh from Paul Weiss. They're mostly T14 grads with clerkships. The same is true for the associates that come in later.

Base pay is on Cravath scale and bonuses are supposedly going to beat it, but that is TBD of course, as they have not gone through a full bonus cycle yet.

It is unclear to me whether they will end up being more like Boies/Quinn or KVN/Bartlit Beck. I have heard though that they are very much aiming for the latter, as they want to continue doing almost exclusively high end trial work.

As for your question re: hours, this is not a quality of life firm. Their model is, essentially, "all-trials-all-the-time." Anyone who has ever been part of a trial team knows that it requires serious hours.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:03 am

Sorry - there are actually three SCOTUS clerks in the partnership (8 partners total), one of whom is a Bristow as well.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

Postby FascinatedWanderer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:51 am

Thanks! What are the hours like?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:22 pm

If you are looking for a quality of life gig, this isn't it. They don't have billables, but they definitely work hard. There is no way around it when your model is "all-trials-all-the-time."

Shaggier1

Silver

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Base pay is on Cravath scale and bonuses are supposedly going to beat it, but that is TBD of course, as they have not gone through a full bonus cycle yet.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/12/associat ... uses/?rf=1

They definitely beat market. Those numbers are in addition to $10K they paid out in random, mid-year bonuses. So it looks like an average of about $30K above market.

FascinatedWanderer

Bronze

Postby FascinatedWanderer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Awesome. Seems like a good place to park myself while I wait out the Trump DOJ.

Return to “Legal Employment�