Midlevel/Senior Associates: What should I do?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Midlevel/Senior Associates: What should I do?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johann

Diamond

Re: Midlevel/Senior Associates: What should I do?

Postby Johann » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

honestly you need to say yes to both and start working more hours while also job hunting on the side. youre about to get shitcanned you need the broadest experience possible and the most allies w/in the firm you can get.

if you must choose, partners actually make hiring/firing decisions and associates do not; so tell the assoicate youre doing work for a partner and he can dick off.

Johann

Diamond

Postby Johann » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:48 pm

and as to how to turn down work, its important when you get the assignment to say "im sorry but im working for X partner on an urgent matter and probably wont be able to get to that until later this week or next week or whatever."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:honestly you need to say yes to both and start working more hours while also job hunting on the side. youre about to get shitcanned you need the broadest experience possible and the most allies w/in the firm you can get.

if you must choose, partners actually make hiring/firing decisions and associates do not; so tell the assoicate youre doing work for a partner and he can dick off.

OP here, do you mind if I PM you?

Return to “Legal Employment�