Big 4 Salary - Major Market Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big 4 Salary - Major Market

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:13 pm

I know this has been asked before - and I have looked through past postings - however can anyone comment on what the salary range is for a JD LLM out of law school or with a couple of years of experience in a major market but not NYC. I spoke with a friend who said where she works her group is getting 120k starting in NY and the range goes up to 150k for a senior depending on year. Is that accurate? Is it somewhat accurate to assume that other major markets are about 20% less so about 95k-120k would be a correct range? I know when my brother came out of law school in a major market 4 years ago his starting salary was 87k in the big 4. He has since moved to big law so I'm curious if anyone has better information. Thanks in advance!

Return to “Legal Employment”