Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management Insight Days

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management Insight Days

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 pm

I had a couple questions regarding Godman's PWM Summer Associate Position. I applied a couple weeks ago (struck out at OCI), and this week I got invited to attend the "PWM Insight Day" workshop, where I would be able to learn more about the Private Wealth Advisor role and about the Summer Associate position.

The email does not state whether attending the worshop is mandatory for my application to move forward. Does anyone know whether it's mandatory? Second, has anyone worked in PWM and can tell me how much the pay is? Not in a position to be picky, just curious.

Anonymous User

Re: Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management Insight Days

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:12 am

Can't speak to PWM.

On the IBD side, this is an "invitation" in name only. If you don't go to something like this, you would almost certainly be cut from the process. We care a lot about culture and fit, and this is our excuse to see what you would be like in a social setting. Again, can't speak to PWM, but this is basically the way the game is played on the IBD side and I imagine PWM is roughly the same (though admittedly with a less stiff atmosphere)

Buddy of mine who came in on that side indicated last year that he was making about 100K pre-bonus. No idea about all-in.

Also - just a nit. Misspelling some shit like "Goldman" will get you cut as well. Double, triple, quadruple check your emails. I know it's an internet forum, but just something to watch out for.

bwh8813

Bronze

Postby bwh8813 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can't speak to PWM.

On the IBD side, this is an "invitation" in name only. If you don't go to something like this, you would almost certainly be cut from the process. We care a lot about culture and fit, and this is our excuse to see what you would be like in a social setting. Again, can't speak to PWM, but this is basically the way the game is played on the IBD side and I imagine PWM is roughly the same (though admittedly with a less stiff atmosphere)

Buddy of mine who came in on that side indicated last year that he was making about 100K pre-bonus. No idea about all-in.

Also - just a nit. Misspelling some shit like "Goldman" will get you cut as well. Double, triple, quadruple check your emails. I know it's an internet forum, but just something to watch out for.

Lloyd's not flattered when candidates call it Godman?

stoopkid13

Bronze

Postby stoopkid13 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:02 pm

bwh8813 wrote:
Lloyd's not flattered when candidates call it Godman?

Well, they are doing God's work...

Return to “Legal Employment�