Best way to make money during 2L and 3L?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Best way to make money during 2L and 3L?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Realize this isn't feasible for most but I found a sugar daddy on seeking arrangement who is only in town once or twice a month. Removed my profile from the platform as soon as I found him and we decided to make this a long term arrangement. 1-2 nights a month we hang out and he has been extremely generous financially. It's usually really fun too because I get to go to fancy restaurants I wouldn't normally and stay in nice hotels. Good mental break and better money than almost any other gig taking into account the hours I actually spend with him. If you are female, don't have a significant other, and are open minded it's the best return on time investment. I'm in a city though, might not work if you aren't in a place that business travelers frequent and where you can be anonymous and discrete. This has honestly worked out so well for me, and I actually have so much fun dating my SD that I would continue to see him in this arrangement after law school. I'm going big law and wouldn't need the extra money, but if I had the time it would be nice to pay down debt faster.

iliketurtles123

Bronze

Re: Best way to make money during 2L and 3L?

Postby iliketurtles123 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Alternative to Uber: you can deliver for Postmates or Ubereats.

You can get anywhere from $10 to $25 an hour, depending on location, times, etc.
You won't have random strangers in your car but your car might smell like food.

Return to “Legal Employment�