Wachtell bonuses

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 pm

What % of base are Wachtell bonuses at nowadays? Heard it's closer to 60% for juniors. Also, has Wachtell raised its base to match/exceed the Cravath scale?

User avatar
hangold

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:25 am

.

Postby hangold » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:16 am

.
Last edited by hangold on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:18 am

50-60%.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:34 am

100%

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:100%


This has not been universally true across associates since 2009.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 am

hangold wrote:I can't speak to the current status of their bonuses, but they have not matched Cravath's base scale (because of their bonuses).
Based on SA salaries, they've exceeded Cravath scale. But haven't announced. Their attitude is that it ain't nobody's business but their own.

User avatar
Eldon Tyrell

Silver
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Eldon Tyrell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 am

If you have to ask, you're not qualified to work there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:100%


This has not been universally true across associates since 2009.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:100%


This has not been universally true across associates since 2009.


ok if you say so. this board really is the blind leading the blind.

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Nebby » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:100%


This has not been universally true across associates since 2009.


ok if you say so. this board really is the blind leading the blind.

Says the anonymous poster

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:100%


This has not been universally true across associates since 2009.


ok if you say so. this board really is the blind leading the blind.


Interested. Please post only if you work at WLRK or heard first-hand from a WLRK lawyer in the recent year or two.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:12 am

Whatever they pay I dont think the hours is worth the extra cash... I'm only a first year but giving up most weekends seems like enough for me

lawlorbust

Bronze
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby lawlorbust » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Whatever they pay I dont think the hours is worth the extra cash... I'm only a first year but giving up most weekends seems like enough for me


(is anon poster)

(runs to thread titled "WLRK bonuses" to scream "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR BONUSES ARE AND NEVER HAD A HELL'S CHANCE OF WORKING THERE, BUT EVEN IF I DID I PROBABLY WOULDN'T NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY OFFERED ME HARHARHARHAR")

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:32 am

lawlorbust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Whatever they pay I dont think the hours is worth the extra cash... I'm only a first year but giving up most weekends seems like enough for me


(is anon poster)

(runs to thread titled "WLRK bonuses" to scream "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR BONUSES ARE AND NEVER HAD A HELL'S CHANCE OF WORKING THERE, BUT EVEN IF I DID I PROBABLY WOULDN'T NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY OFFERED ME HARHARHARHAR")


That's not the OP

User avatar
ArtistOfManliness

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 am

I've heard they don't give bonuses anymore.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:12 pm

it's 100% and their base exceeds Cravath scale. as one poster noted above, they just have not announced it publicly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:33 pm

50-60% for juniors

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 am

Where are people getting 50-60% for juniors? WLRK junior here... don't think that's accurate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Where are people getting 50-60% for juniors? WLRK junior here... don't think that's accurate.

Over or under?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324808
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Wachtell bonuses

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Where are people getting 50-60% for juniors? WLRK junior here... don't think that's accurate.

Over or under?


Realize this was a dead thread (apologies for reviving) and while this year is not out, I'm 100% positive it's been 100% every year for at least the last four years, at all levels.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.