Mass mailed firm taking a while to schedule the initial screener?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass mailed firm taking a while to schedule the initial screener?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:28 pm

About a week ago, 2 firms that I mass-mailed replied:

1. Firm X said "what times work over the next [stretch]?" I reply the next business day. I followup after a day of no response to confirm that they got it. The same afternoon, the initial HR person said that he was in the process of contacting [specific attorney] to work out a mutually beneficial time.

It's been silence since then (a few days have passed)

2. Firm Y asked if I was interested in practice area A, which is where their opening was. I replied yes. Since then it's been silence.

Obviously I'm can't be the only candidate they're looking at, but if Firm X takes more than a week to schedule an initial remote screener, does that mean that the screener may not even happen if they hire someone in the interim? Or is that a normal wait?

As for firm Y, it's been an even longer period of silence (by a few days). Unlike firm X, they didn't even ask what times work since their initial reply.

Should I just chill & wait, or does the delay in response indicate that they've already written me off?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass mailed firm taking a while to schedule the initial screener?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:24 pm

I was contacted last week for a CB. After giving days/times I am avail, haven't heard back in 4 days. It happens when HR is trying to get everything set up.

Delay in response does not mean you're cooked. If they invited you to interview, you will interview. Firms don't invite poeple to interview then say "actually, nevermind; we are all full now"

Return to “Legal Employment�