Recent Lateral - What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for the MPRE Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Recent Lateral - What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for the MPRE

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Hey guys,

Unfortunately my MPRE score expired and I have to retake. What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for MPRE studying? I don't want to look like an idiot by billing too many hours to the MPRE.

I was thinking 15-20 hours?

WhiteCollarBlueShirt

Bronze

Re: Recent Lateral - What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for the MPRE

Post by WhiteCollarBlueShirt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Just put the hours that you studied... as long as you pass, no one will care or read your non-billable time entries.

Edit: If you do plan to study 15-20 hours, that seems like a lot for just the MPRE, but go for it (better to over study than fail).

nealric

Re: Recent Lateral - What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for the MPRE

Post by nealric » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys,

Unfortunately my MPRE score expired and I have to retake. What is a reasonable number of hours to "bill" for MPRE studying? I don't want to look like an idiot by billing too many hours to the MPRE.

I was thinking 15-20 hours?
I can't imagine spending 15-20 hours in the MPRE. I spent about 8 hours the first time around and way over-studied.

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Bill however many you spend on the test. No one's paying much attention to your non-billables anyway, so long as your hours for the month are acceptable.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Don't care how many you bill, but really don't spend more than five hours studying for it.

smallfirmassociate

Bronze

Post by smallfirmassociate » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm

It takes 3 hours to study for it.

I wouldn't log more than 20 hours for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”