Last CB to get an SA -- good sign?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Last CB to get an SA -- good sign?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:20 am

So my last CB is on Monday. It seeks I have a really good shot because when I did the skype interview the interviewer invited me to CB while on the call. Another thing: she said ''where are you in the OCI process? We are trying to grab more students, and fast". I got the impression this firm (V75) at this late in the recruiting process may have had a low yield and now is quickly trying to fill spots.

I've had like 5 CBs and struck out from all. To me it seems these signs suggest that I have a really good shot with this one. Anyone else had this experience? Is my thinking correct here? (that it may be less competitive to land this SA since the firm is slightly "desperate" right now and that it's late in the recruiting season)

lavarman84

Platinum

Re: Last CB to get an SA -- good sign?

Postby lavarman84 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:26 am

Is it a good sign? Yes. But you should still treat it like any other CB.

Anonymous User

Re: Last CB to get an SA -- good sign?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:22 am

No. Don't assume just because a firm is having trouble filling its slots that it will be any easier. Most firms that are "still looking" still have a huge pile of rejects. If a firm is looking for students "fast" it's more that they realize the students who meet their standards are being snatched up, not that they are willing to lower their standards. Our CSO has been sending emails saying X and Y firms are looking for applicants -- when I know X and Y firms rejected CB people who still didn't have offers.

All a V100 firm still having openings at this point means is that 1) hiring is not actually urgent at their office, 2) their hiring office is incompetent, and/or 3) they are being unreasonably picky. None of that is a good sign for you.

Keep MMing. Good luck with your CB.

Return to “Legal Employment�