How visible are Korea-related deals/clients in major markets?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How visible are Korea-related deals/clients in major markets?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 pm

I know it's a long shot but can anyone share experience about how visible Korea-related deals/clients are in each NY/LA/Silicon Valley (SF, SV, San Diego)/Seattle market or law firms?

EDIT: last sentence deleted cause it shifts focus of my question
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: How visible are Korea-related deals/clients in major markets?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Where's your law school? The location of your school is enough of a tie in most cases.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Where's your law school? The location of your school is enough of a tie in most cases.

I DON'T want to live in the location of my school and for many other reasons, I need this info..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't really understand the question or its purpose. No, there is not a secret market that is overloaded with Korean-related work desperately seeking to hire Korean Americans or study abroad students or ex-English teachers that lived there a couple of years. If you want to work in such a niche area, you need to be blanketing every firm in every market that does that kind of work. You obviously already know which markets they are.

Having ties to Korea is a nice conversation piece when you're interviewing with a firm that has an Asia-Pacific and/or tech-related business. I'm not sure what more you could want or expect.

Return to “Legal Employment�