Undergrad major for Capital Markets?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Poets

New

Undergrad major for Capital Markets?

Postby Poets » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:46 pm

I am testing my hypothesis here to figure out Capital Markets would be a right fit for me.

Can everyone pitch in and give us anecdotal undergrad majors of lawyers who practice Capital Markets? Finance, Economincs, Literature, History, etc The law firm sites only provide B.A or B.S., not specific majors.

Much appreciated.

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: Undergrad major for Capital Markets?

Postby SFSpartan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm not sure this is going to give you a real idea of whether you are a good fit for cap markets. Go on EDGAR. Read some corporate bond offerings. Think about whether you would really enjoy preparing such dense documents. That will give you a better perspective than figuring out the majors of lawyers who happen to practice cap markets (and may or may not enjoy such practice).

Poets

New

Re: Undergrad major for Capital Markets?

Postby Poets » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:09 pm

SFSpartan wrote:I'm not sure this is going to give you a real idea of whether you are a good fit for cap markets. Go on EDGAR. Read some corporate bond offerings. Think about whether you would really enjoy preparing such dense documents. That will give you a better perspective than figuring out the majors of lawyers who happen to practice cap markets (and may or may not enjoy such practice).

Thank you for your input but in my theory about people, undergrad majors tell you A LOT about your capabilities, which do not necessarily mean skills or technical Financial knowledge. I NEED this info more than anything else to validate it. I am familiar with those documents.

Return to “Legal Employment�