Best externship to set you up for in-house?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Best externship to set you up for in-house?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:10 am

I was fortunate enough to secure a biglaw job, which I know I'll want to leave in 2 years or so. With that said, I want to extern during my last semester of law school. I was wondering what would be the best externship to do that would set me up for an in-house role/make connections? Also, which are the most fun?

I want to do it in LA. I'm thinking something in Silicon Beach (google etc), entertainment-related, or finance-related?

nealric

Re: Best externship to set you up for in-house?

Postby nealric » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:I was fortunate enough to secure a biglaw job, which I know I'll want to leave in 2 years or so. With that said, I want to extern during my last semester of law school. I was wondering what would be the best externship to do that would set me up for an in-house role/make connections? Also, which are the most fun?

I want to do it in LA. I'm thinking something in Silicon Beach (google etc), entertainment-related, or finance-related?

It will only help you to the extent you meet people who you can use for your network, and to confirm if you really want to go in-house. Nobody cares that you did an externship. If there's a company you'd like to work for someday, try that.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Removed

Postby kellyfrost » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:38 am

Removed post...

Return to “Legal Employment�