Patent Bar Eligibility Number—Current OED Backlog

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SplitMyPants

Gold

Patent Bar Eligibility Number—Current OED Backlog

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:52 am

Does anyone have any recent experiences with obtaining an eligibility number for the patent bar? I've tried googling but have found very little generally and almost nothing for the past couple years. I'm just generally interested in the current approximate turn-around for hearing back from OED.

PLI and others suggest sending in your materials when you are 4-6 weeks out from wanting to take it. But the only forum post (on one of the IP fora) said the turn around just for getting an eligibility number was like 4.5 to 6.5 weeks. I've started looking at exam centers and most of the ones near me are totally booked up for the patent bar until next year....

I recently sent in my materials so I'm really hoping for a quick turn around so I can cop one of the last seats left in a city almost 100 miles away... Any insight into recent experiences is appreciated. Albeit, I realize there's little I can do at this point anyways.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Re: Patent Bar Eligibility Number—Current OED Backlog

Postby SplitMyPants » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:05 pm

bump

redtalun

New

Re: Patent Bar Eligibility Number—Current OED Backlog

Postby redtalun » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Timeline sounds about right. Keep an eye on Prometric slots opening up, especially mid-week.

Return to “Legal Employment?