asking same Qs to everyone Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

asking same Qs to everyone

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

in a CB is it OK to ask the same 3 questions to everyone you interview with? I generally ask the same 3 questions (good, big questions about the firm). Is this bad? Should I be asking each one different questions?

e.g., do the interviews note what i asked, and then is it a negative when hiring committee is reviewing and sees i asked same Qs to everyone?

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: asking same Qs to everyone

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:32 pm

You should try to tailor a question or two to the person interviewing you. Shows that you paid attention to them talking, and odds are they'll prefer to talk about something that relates to them than to talk about a random firm-wide or general topic.

Dunno if they share the Qs you asked, though.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: asking same Qs to everyone

Post by rpupkin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:in a CB is it OK to ask the same 3 questions to everyone you interview with? I generally ask the same 3 questions (good, big questions about the firm). Is this bad? Should I be asking each one different questions?

e.g., do the interviews note what i asked, and then is it a negative when hiring committee is reviewing and sees i asked same Qs to everyone?
It has never even occurred to me to talk to others about the questions a candidate asked during an interview. I suppose if someone asked a real off-the-wall question, I might mention it to someone else ("hey, did he also ask you about the firm's policy on intra-office dating?"). But unless you're asking really weird questions, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”