Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:57 pm

the current NALP listings only list the 2015 summer associate offer rates for firms. Is there any place I can find the offer rates for the past 2, 3, 4, or 5 summers? Any websites, etc?

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby RaceJudicata » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Can't help you, but what exactly are you looking for? In most cases, a firm doesn't change its offer rate too much from year to year. Determining that a typical 100% firm offered only 95% four years ago isnt going to tell you anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:48 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:Can't help you, but what exactly are you looking for? In most cases, a firm doesn't change its offer rate too much from year to year. Determining that a typical 100% firm offered only 95% four years ago isnt going to tell you anything.


As someone who got no offered from a firm that was 100% on nalp when i looked but hadn't been in the past: I disagree.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Can't help you, but what exactly are you looking for? In most cases, a firm doesn't change its offer rate too much from year to year. Determining that a typical 100% firm offered only 95% four years ago isnt going to tell you anything.


As someone who got no offered from a firm that was 100% on nalp when i looked but hadn't been in the past: I disagree.


what happened?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Can't help you, but what exactly are you looking for? In most cases, a firm doesn't change its offer rate too much from year to year. Determining that a typical 100% firm offered only 95% four years ago isnt going to tell you anything.


As someone who got no offered from a firm that was 100% on nalp when i looked but hadn't been in the past: I disagree.


what happened?

Wish i knew. I was blindsided, had 0 idea it was coming and still don't know what the reason was. Was in secondary market tho fwiw.

favabeansoup

Bronze
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby favabeansoup » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wish i knew. I was blindsided, had 0 idea it was coming and still don't know what the reason was. Was in secondary market tho fwiw.


Did you ask why? Did they give you any sort of reason?

I ask because no offers (in biglaw) are mostly due to (1) social/work screwup (2) bad firm financial downturn.

It's pretty easy to tell you got no offered for (1), but the firm may not admit to (2) in no offering you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:21 pm

favabeansoup wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wish i knew. I was blindsided, had 0 idea it was coming and still don't know what the reason was. Was in secondary market tho fwiw.


Did you ask why? Did they give you any sort of reason?

I ask because no offers (in biglaw) are mostly due to (1) social/work screwup (2) bad firm financial downturn.

It's pretty easy to tell you got no offered for (1), but the firm may not admit to (2) in no offering you.

I didn't ask. They gave OCS a BS reason. I'm just trying to move on at this point. I'm not an idiot though. I did good work, turned everything in on time and I was social without being stupid.

RaceJudicata

Gold
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby RaceJudicata » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Can't help you, but what exactly are you looking for? In most cases, a firm doesn't change its offer rate too much from year to year. Determining that a typical 100% firm offered only 95% four years ago isnt going to tell you anything.


As someone who got no offered from a firm that was 100% on nalp when i looked but hadn't been in the past: I disagree.


Would you have gone to a different firm if you had seen that the firm was like 95 or 90% offer 3-5 years ago? If so, I still think that's silly. Sucks that you got no offered, but this info likely would not have prevented the scenario.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312845
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Where do I find offer rates of past summers?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:33 am

RaceJudicata wrote:Would you have gone to a different firm if you had seen that the firm was like 95 or 90% offer 3-5 years ago? If so, I still think that's silly. Sucks that you got no offered, but this info likely would not have prevented the scenario.

TBH I was 50/50 between two firms. Might have been enough to convince me to swing the other way.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.