Sidley (NY) v. Skadden (secondary)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm for SA?

Sidley NYC
67%
Skadden Secondary
33%

Total votes: 9

Anonymous User

Sidley (NY) v. Skadden (secondary)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Having a bit of trouble deciding b/w Sidley NYC and one of Skadden's smaller offices. Interested in litigation and possibly going into govt. later down the road. The secondary offices mentioned a chance of splitting the summer b/w that office and NYC- so the secondary city is less of a concern given that I would like be able to split time with NYC and hopefully get an offer in the New York office.

Curious what people think would be the best choice in terms of- exit options, interesting work, lifestyle, and people. From what I could tell, I liked the people at both offices, so I don't have a good feel for that in terms of differentiating at this point.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Sidley (NY) v. Skadden (secondary)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Is this a choice between skadden and sidley, or skadden and skadden, or two skadden offices and sidley? Very confused.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:51 pm

I think you have a typo here with what firms you're considering.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I think you have a typo here with what firms you're considering.

Ah you're right- clearly my frantic uncertainty is coming out here. Thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment�