"Some firms care, others not so much" w/r/t grades and school for laterals. True? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

"Some firms care, others not so much" w/r/t grades and school for laterals. True?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:51 pm

I've had a few people say this to me now and while I appreciate the insight I can't help but feel like some people are just being nice.

I'm in a gov honors program in a field that typically interfaces with big firms, and many of my colleagues have either come from large firms or gone to large firms (or great in house positions). When my program is over I want to go to a large or midsize firm, but I graduated from a TT with median grades. I have other credentials from law school that are notable but my numbers have me worried. So how accurate is the above advice? Will most firms cast me aside for my lackluster academic pedigree? Some firms?

Anonymous User

Re: "Some firms care, others not so much" w/r/t grades and school for laterals. True?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:54 pm

i'm going to piggyback off of this. Which firms/practice areas is this most likely to be the case in?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”