Biglaw Cafeterias

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Hikikomorist

Platinum

Re: Biglaw Cafeterias

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:33 am

landshoes wrote:
Nebby wrote:I wonder when biglaw will start building dorms in the basement of their firm offices?

If it was cheap, I'd be thrilled.

Seriously biglaw, get on this and watch your recruitment ~*soar*~

Yeah, NYC definitely needs this.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:09 am

PW has one too

estefanchanning

Bronze

Postby estefanchanning » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 am

Do any LA firms have cafeterias?

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Postby ticklemesilly » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:02 pm

During SAs, are lunches paid for by the firm every day?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:37 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:During SAs, are lunches paid for by the firm every day?

Fried Frank also has a cafeteria - some feel really strongly it is horrible but I think its generally solid. At FF, SA's do not lunches get paid for by the firm daily - theoretically capped at 2 lunch/dinner outings per week though there are ways to circumvent this cap (meals with partners or advisors/mentors don't count toward the limit).

NYC2012

Bronze

Postby NYC2012 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Last edited by NYC2012 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:19 pm

NYC2012 wrote:

Depends if you're in NY or not. I know at least in LA, many firms pay for lunches everyday. In NY, that is not the case.

This isn't true, at least universally. At the NYC V20 I summered at, you could have them pay up to $65 every single day, and could add in dinners, happy hours, and breakfasts as well as snacks and shit that they would pay for, provided that you met the requirement of roughly a 1:1 associate to SA ratio.

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Postby ticklemesilly » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Perhaps we should create a chart with firm, location, and SA perks. As far as I can tell, tho information has not been consolidated anywhere and is not otherwise available on the Internet. I know at least 1 firm that pays Uber bills when SAs go out, another which pays for your flight out to their office.

Hopefully SA perks won't be a motivating factor in choosing which offer to take, but I'd be fun to know what we're in for :)

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:49 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:Perhaps we should create a chart with firm, location, and SA perks. As far as I can tell, tho information has not been consolidated anywhere and is not otherwise available on the Internet. I know at least 1 firm that pays Uber bills when SAs go out, another which pays for your flight out to their office.

Hopefully SA perks won't be a motivating factor in choosing which offer to take, but I'd be fun to know what we're in for :)

It would also be great to do this with firm benefits.

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:01 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:Perhaps we should create a chart with firm, location, and SA perks. As far as I can tell, tho information has not been consolidated anywhere and is not otherwise available on the Internet. I know at least 1 firm that pays Uber bills when SAs go out, another which pays for your flight out to their office.

Those are pretty standard. Black car or reimbursed uber/taxi from events or outings, I think all pay for relocation.

Much like benefits, all peer firms will be roughly the same.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 pm

During my non-NY/SF/DC/CHI SA, I was taken to lunch all but 2 days.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:57 pm

sublime wrote:

Those are pretty standard. Black car or reimbursed uber/taxi from events or outings, I think all pay for relocation.

I didnt mean relocation upon graduation though- I meant they'll pay your flight from school to their office for the SA after 2L . I was under the impression that wasn't standard.

Accidental anon- this is ticklemesilly

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Weil NY has a cafeteria. It's pretty well subsidized for breakfast. I used to get a mini-bagel with cream cheese for around $1, or a breakfast sandwich for around $2. They were both good. They have a smoothie bar that I tried once and it was not good, but I think it's because I just made my smoothie wrong because other people have said good things about the smoothie bar. I never ate lunch there though so I don't know if it's good, or if it's cheap but I can't imagine that it wouldn't be.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Do any/most Houston firms have subsidized cafeterias?

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sublime wrote:

I didnt mean relocation upon graduation though- I meant they'll pay your flight from school to their office for the SA after 2L . I was under the impression that wasn't standard.

Accidental anon- this is ticklemesilly

I think that is pretty standard.

To/from CB

To/from SA

To permanent work.

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:36 pm

estefanchanning wrote:Do any LA firms have cafeterias?

Pillsbury has a cook, not sure if it's a full cafeteria IIRC

Right2BearArms

Bronze

Postby Right2BearArms » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do any/most Houston firms have subsidized cafeterias?

I think its called the tunnels. My firm doesn't have one, and I did not notice any firms having once during call backs (though that was several years ago). Its not hard to run out for something quickly, and the 5-10 minutes out of the office are a godsend on some days.

Return to “Legal Employment�