DLA Piper Houston: Info?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

I have an unexpected interview with them soon and am having a hard time finding out a lot about the firm (their website and NALP are not helpful) and their Houston office in particular. Any information/advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 pm

+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Did you get a cb?

Right2BearArms

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Right2BearArms » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an unexpected interview with them soon and am having a hard time finding out a lot about the firm (their website and NALP are not helpful) and their Houston office in particular. Any information/advice is appreciated. Thanks.


Literally had no idea there was a DLA Piper office in Houston, and I practice in Houston.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did you get a cb?


Nope :/ you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:37 pm

DLA Houston, like their Dallas office, have been getting raided for partner talent the last few months. Not sure what's left there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did you get a cb?


Nope :/ you?


Not yet...hopefully that means no one has. If you get one would you mind posting on here and I'll do the same

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Definitely. I will post if I hear anything one way or another.

User avatar
Devlin

Silver
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Devlin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Right2BearArms wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have an unexpected interview with them soon and am having a hard time finding out a lot about the firm (their website and NALP are not helpful) and their Houston office in particular. Any information/advice is appreciated. Thanks.


Literally had no idea there was a DLA Piper office in Houston, and I practice in Houston.

howden28

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby howden28 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm

any word since initial interview and how'd you feel about the interview?
anxiety is getting the best of me...

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:57 pm

howden28 wrote:any word since initial interview and how'd you feel about the interview?
anxiety is getting the best of me...


I have heard nothing. As for the interview, the interviewers were affable and enthusiastic, but they did pretty much all the talking and didn't ask me a single question. They just told me all about the firm, which was nice, but I felt weird towards the end of the interview because I wasn't given an opportunity to sell myself.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
howden28 wrote:any word since initial interview and how'd you feel about the interview?
anxiety is getting the best of me...


I have heard nothing. As for the interview, the interviewers were affable and enthusiastic, but they did pretty much all the talking and didn't ask me a single question. They just told me all about the firm, which was nice, but I felt weird towards the end of the interview because I wasn't given an opportunity to sell myself.


I agree. I still have not heard anything and I really enjoyed the interviewers--very nice, likable, and enthusiastic. I didn't have the same experience though because they asked me a few questions and I left thinking we had a really good conversation. I interviewed at uh though, not sure where else they conducted interviews. Hope this helps, post if you here anything (good or bad) as I will do the same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
howden28 wrote:any word since initial interview and how'd you feel about the interview?
anxiety is getting the best of me...


I have heard nothing. As for the interview, the interviewers were affable and enthusiastic, but they did pretty much all the talking and didn't ask me a single question. They just told me all about the firm, which was nice, but I felt weird towards the end of the interview because I wasn't given an opportunity to sell myself.


I agree. I still have not heard anything and I really enjoyed the interviewers--very nice, likable, and enthusiastic. I didn't have the same experience though because they asked me a few questions and I left thinking we had a really good conversation. I interviewed at uh though, not sure where else they conducted interviews. Hope this helps, post if you here anything (good or bad) as I will do the same.


Gotcha. I am UT and based on what I have heard, none of the others here were asked a question haha perhaps we had different interviewers. May I ask when your interview was? I will definitely post when I hear anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
howden28 wrote:any word since initial interview and how'd you feel about the interview?
anxiety is getting the best of me...


I have heard nothing. As for the interview, the interviewers were affable and enthusiastic, but they did pretty much all the talking and didn't ask me a single question. They just told me all about the firm, which was nice, but I felt weird towards the end of the interview because I wasn't given an opportunity to sell myself.


I agree. I still have not heard anything and I really enjoyed the interviewers--very nice, likable, and enthusiastic. I didn't have the same experience though because they asked me a few questions and I left thinking we had a really good conversation. I interviewed at uh though, not sure where else they conducted interviews. Hope this helps, post if you here anything (good or bad) as I will do the same.


Gotcha. I am UT and based on what I have heard, none of the others here were asked a question haha perhaps we had different interviewers. May I ask when your interview was? I will definitely post when I hear anything.


It was Friday 9/16. When was yours?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm

mine was also friday 9/16. But at UH. the interviewer told me they were also interviewing at UT at the same time and only looking to fill 1-2 positions. Interviewer was really nice and personable but when I realized I hadn't spoken about myself much, I tried to put in some effort.

Did they mention time frame, or if they were going to even do callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:49 pm

OP here:

My interview was on 9/15 and the interviewers did not say if and when they will schedule callbacks.

Needless to say, I have still have not heard anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314186
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DLA Piper Houston: Info?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Same here. A week later and still radio silence



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.