GPA on Resume - In-House

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sambeber

Bronze

GPA on Resume - In-House

Postby sambeber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:56 pm

What do folks feel is best practice in terms of how long after graduating to keep your law school GPA on your resume? I've been practicing for two years and have other items on my resume that signal how I did in law school. Trying to figure out if its unnecessary or would be beneficial to keep the GPA on for in-house job applications. Thanks!

sambeber

Bronze

Re: GPA on Resume - In-House

Postby sambeber » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:14 pm

One solitary bump.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Re: GPA on Resume - In-House

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm speaking with 0 experience or knowledge, but I'd assume if it depends on whether your GPA will strengthen or weaken your resume for the position you're applying for. If you were Coif or some shit why not keep that on? Since law schools have extreme grade inflation generally it might be helpful to leave the number on just for impact, but what do I know. I think most people just do latin honor though.

Return to “Legal Employment�